Friday, November 23, 2012

I Must Confess by Rupert Smith

I Must ConfessI Must Confess by Rupert Smith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

First complaint is poor formatting on the Kindle. A few words ran together, maybe 10 times in total, but the big problem is the 100 or so missing periods at the end of sentences. Also the quotation marks are all over the place, sometimes attached to the word before, sometimes appearing randomly. Guys, spell check is is not enough! "Tenor twelve" will pass spell check yet will not turn into "Ten or twelve" magically, it needs proofreading.

Secondly, the story itself. No likeable characters, no humour, no sex, no intrigue. It was okay, I'll forget it in a week.

If it was supposed to be satire, it wasn't over the top enough. If it was supposed to be humour, I didn't laugh. If it was supposed to be narrative, the guy did a ton of things I didn't like.

I really wanted to like this, I LOVED Man's World, but didn't.

View all my reviews

No comments: