Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their World by Hugh Brewster

Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their WorldGilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their World by Hugh Brewster
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have a passing interest in the Titanic and was looking forward to reading this for a book club.

Well the book is good and very well researched, I would say it is for more of a Titanic buff than a casual reader, definately for people who have read Walter Lord's A Night to Remember first, which I have not.

The book started slow, picked up with the sinking, and ended rather slowly as well, with understandable attempts to include all relevant details slowing down the narrative.

This book focuses more on the passengers and goes through several name by name. It just wasn't really my thing, that being said I enjoyed it well enough.

View all my reviews

No comments: