Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cruise, Day Three

Woke up early for Cabo San Lucas, like at 10.  Well it’s early when you go to bed at three. We had to tender but it was a fun time, six of us went out and had lunch and conquered Mexico.

Tendering did give a nice view of our ship:

Beautiful scenery, a little marred by the locals screaming at you to buy things and flocking around you like seagulls. Plus of course nothing has a price, it’s all what they can get from you. 
I managed to buy two bottles of vanilla, a magnet and a post card, but the post office was too far away to walk to so I’m sending it from the ship.
Lunch was small things mostly, I had the nachos which were good except for the cilantro.  I HATE cilantro!  Why is it shoved into everything good?  Indian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, ugh.  It tastes like grass!
Back to the ship and a Q & A session with the cruise company.  Apparently we can’t book Alaska on board as it’s RSVP, their sister company. Also found out the special guest is Bernadette Peters, which should make Daniel jealous.
Dinner was okay, we went to the wrong dining room so no Milosh tonight. :( I wanted to go to the right one but was out voted. The main course was ok, the desert was a disaster.  There’s a lot of freezing and thawing, so it usually is a disaster actually. Milosh tomorrow!
Another dance party tonight I didn’t go to.  I think I may skip all of them. Went to the piano bar and saw Nate Buccieri again.  Love him!  He played a duet of “Suddenly Seymour” with Brian Nash which may be the best thing I’ve ever heard. 
That song by the way is the new way of checking whether a man is gay or not.  Start singing the chorus to Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors and see if he can finish the words. I don’t know what it is about that song exactly, but it sticks.
They take requests but I seem to always be requesting the wrong thing.  Neither Nate nor Brian was able to do “Some People” from Gypsy, when I asked for a Peter Allen song they both did “Don’t Cry Out Loud”, which is good, but I was hoping one would switch it up, “The Boy Next Door” or “Arthur’s Theme (If You Get Lost Between the Moon and New York City)” anyone? Lots of The Little Mermaid being played on board, I don’t know why that’s having such a revival. Asked for Scissor Sisters, no. Asked for Liza with Ring Them Bells, he said he couldn’t remember who was in which apartment. So I stopped asking.  Other songs I was considering is Space Oddity by Bowie or Superbass by Nicki Minaj.  Maybe I’ll have inspiration at the show tomorrow, I’m loving these piano bars.
We’re docking at Cabo San Lucas again tomorrow and some of these fools want to get up early and go again.  It’s already 2:30 am, I will be sleeping.  Night!
Oh, I was able to check my email and I heard from my friend Joe who said my cat is fine, so I was glad about that.  Apparently she didn’t care for the Korean movie he watched at my house. :)

No comments: